Author's note: Many of the posts contained within this blog are personal memoirs. They are mine. They are real. I wrote them as I experienced them. If any story is at all fictional or needs to be attributed to someone else, I will state that firmly in the first paragraph.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Vegas, baby

The ceiling here is painted to resemble the azure sky of a lazy French afternoon, and you know what? It doesn't look half bad.
"Hey, will you guys buy us some drinks?"
They both smile and start giggling. I consider their question for a moment; should I buy alcohol for two minors, both of whom appear to be idiots? My brain returns the unequivocal answer: NOPE.
"Sure, I'll buy you guys some drinks, but you have to give me the cash first."
I look over at Brian. Is he serious?? He smirks wryly at me, as if to say, "Just wait." Should I wait to see the effect of alcohol on these two chicks? Is that what he wants? If so, then I guess I'm all in. That's what friends do, right? Whatever, way too much thinking in one second. I do nothing and wait to see where this is going.
Brian dips under the fabric railing and soon finds a waitress. I watch as he pays her and returns with one huge margarita.
"Here you go, ladies. And your $1.50 change as well."
"Mmm, thank you!" The shorter one manages to say through pursed lips as she sucks on her straw.
The other one is a bit more tentative, but follows along with her more tenacious friend.
Within a few minutes both are becoming tipsy. You can't have a little fun without taking a risk every now and then, right? Still, I'm not implicating myself any further in this.
Brian turns to me and whispers, "Virgins."
"Uh, okay?"
"No, dude. I mean that was a virgin margarita! Hahahaha!"
Slowly, they both cling to each other as they clumsily enter the performance hall.
I turn to Brian, both of us grinning widely, "Brian, thanks to you, I'll never doubt the placebo effect again."
"You're welcome. Now where did Freshman get off to?"
"Who ever really knows?"
"True. I'm sure he's in a corner somewhere texting someone."
"Yeah, probably," I say, while the two pseudo-drunken chicks look back to wave us over their way.

1 comment:

Jackie Dillard said...

That is hilarious!!! I can just picture that in my mind and I'm seriously just grinning and laughing while I'm reading this! :)